My Baby


Friday, October 3, 2008

I haven't posted for a long time :( life has been pretty hectic. I have not been at work for about 3 1/2 weeks, which means I have only actually worked as a pharmacist for like 2 weeks. I have had hyperemesis, which means I throw up a lot!! I have lost about 16 lbs. The weight loss would be great if I wasn't pregnant. I was in the hospital a few times, and then my doctor set me up with at home IV hydration. A nurse would come out to the house and put in an IV every 2 days or so, and I would hook myself up to lactated ringers with D5W that is electrolytes and sugar. I have been going to the doctor once a week. My last appointment was on Monday where I threw up 7 times before my 1pm appointment, in the waiting room, and 4 times in the office. My doctor had kept hoping that I would just get better any day since I was 13 weeks, but I wasn't.

So she decided that I needed a PICC line which is like a premanent IV that goes all the way into your chest. I went to Sacred Heart to get it put in and the IV therapist said my veins were to small and that she couldn't do it. So I had to go back the next day. They tried to put the PICC line in with ultrasound for imaging the veins, but the nurse could not get it in because I have such small veins and the one it could go in was spasming. Though she did try three times prior to quitting, which she said she hadn't walked away in a long time without getting one in. At this point I look like a junkie from all the bruising on my arms. I called my doctor and they set up an appointment for me the next day at Deaconess with Radiology to put it in. I really didn't want to go. It hurt alot the last try. I didn't sleep that night because I was so nervous. I ended up cancelling my appointment because I didn't want to go.

My logic was that on Tuesday I didn't throw up at all for the first time in 6 weeks. I told my doctor that I was going to try to keep down fluids and eat and see how it goes. I only threw up once on wednesday, didn't throw up on thursday, and so far have not thrown up today friday. So I am praying (and you can too) that the worst is over, and I will be able to go back to work soon.

I also had some spotting a few weeks ago, but the baby was fine. I also took a ride in an ambulance I was having extreme abdominal pain, but the baby was ok.

So I thank God for my little blessing and for it's safety through all of this!

No comments: